Can library be (easily) ported to WPF

Feb 1, 2009 at 2:26 PM
Hi,

first of all: Great JOB!!!
Since we do a lot of project available as Silverligt online version as well as as WPF Desktop Application I am curious if Silverlight.Dashboards could be ported to WPF without massive affort?

Regards

Manfred
Coordinator
Feb 7, 2009 at 3:56 PM
Hi Manfred

Glad you like the controls.

I'm sorry that it's taken a week to reply but today is the first chance I've had to look at this. The answer is not too difficult and
I am doing it now. I will have an interim release for you to play with late Sunday (I hope) I am aiming to port the controls into a new
CodePlex.Dashboarding.Wpf.dll  assembly but to keep the namespaces the same so that code will be combatable for consumers in Silverlight
and WPF.

I am porting the dials first and the rest later currently I have the Dial180, Dial360 and Knob360 controls ported. It is going more quickly
as the underlying class structure firms up.

So far event though I am restructuring code quite a lot I only have a single #if WPF directive that swaps one line of code
between the silverlight version and the WPF. Neat I think

D
Coordinator
Feb 7, 2009 at 3:58 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Feb 23, 2009 at 6:23 PM
Edited Feb 23, 2009 at 6:23 PM
Hi,
 A nice job. About the 360dial control. The double value assigned get rounded to int. Can it be shown as double itself and also is there a way to show the unit in the dial along with the value. Like for instance 11.7C (degree centigrade).

Regards,
Zap
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2009 at 1:00 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.