Resize controls?

May 4, 2011 at 8:38 AM
Edited May 4, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Hello,

How do you resize the controls? It seems that their size is fixed.

Theo

May 4, 2011 at 1:37 PM

I quit using these because of the no-resize issue. They are also not very customizable. On the other hand, they're free, and if you don't mind the default appearance, they're attractive.

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Have you tried using a ViewBox to scale the control?

D

Sent: 04 May 2011 14:37
To: David Black
Subject: Re: Resize controls? [dashboarding:256271]

I quit using these because of the no-resize issue. They are also not very customizable. On the other hand, they're free, and if you don't mind the default appearance, they're attractive.

May 4, 2011 at 2:01 PM

I did try some transforms to resize or reshape the controls, but just couldn't quite get something that looked acceptable for my needs. Still nice controls, though. I just can't find a way to use them with the colors and sizes I need.

May 4, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Yeah, I used a layout transform for the resize. I like these controls. It's a pity the work has stopped.

Theo

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 3:44 PM

The trouble is that they do exactly what my project needs. When the project get’s some more requirements I’ll do some more work on them

D

Sent: 04 May 2011 15:35

Yeah, I used a layout transform for the resize. I like these controls. It's a pity the work has stopped.

Theo

May 4, 2011 at 3:53 PM

You're certainly under no obligation to continue work on these controls. However, have you considered appealing to those who have used and refined your work to become partners with you in making new releases?

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 3:56 PM

I did give someone update permissions a while ago as he added a new gauge but I never heard back. I will have a look. I know I should at least get them working with Silverlight 4.

D

Sent: 04 May 2011 16:53

You're certainly under no obligation to continue work on these controls. However, have you considered appealing to those who have used and refined your work to become partners with you in making new releases?

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:46 PM

David,

It would be great to allow us to bind properties like FontSize and FontFamily.  The only time you can set them is when the control is created.  Not during runtime..

Otherwise, fantastic control!!!  Thanks.

The Doctor is in.